Friday, December 04, 2009

where, oh where...

does the time go? This post will mostly be randomness as I just don't have the time I would like to devote to it right now.

Last week I found a sign written in Schuyler's handwriting and it was taped to Schuyler and Mack's bedroom door. It said, "I want to be left alone." Does it have to start so soon?! It's a little bit heartbreaking. It's independence and the need for space.

Eli is a master puzzler. The kid has an addiction. He's good. Really good. It started with 20 piece puzzles and it's now up to 50 or 60. Wow!

Mack is happy that the lights are up on our house. We did it the weekend before Thanksgiving, when it was warm. Everyday when we get home, she plugs them in. We finally put the tree up this week. She was ready to do it the minute we got back from our Thanksgiving break. Never mind the unloading, unpacking, laundry etc... that needed to be done. According to her, everybody else had their tree up. It took 3 days to get it up and decorated, with activities and what not. It passes her inspection of beautifulness (barely). Apparently, it needs more ornaments. I wanted to tell her it was because of her and her siblings we don't have as many as we used to. However, the rest of the house is not beautiful in her eyes. I think she has been looking at too many potterybarn magazines or better home and garden. So, I will be attempting to beautify my home. This is NOT my forte so I'm seeking inspiration - on a budget please! Leave me a msg or send me an email with suggestions. I don't want to let my daughter down = )

I know some of you enjoy your beer and adult beverages as much as I do. I highly recommend Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale. They had samples at the grocery store and my hubby picked it up for me. I evidently am grocery shopping at the wrong time!! They don't have these samples when I go, which always tends to be with 3 kids!!!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Mack has the bluest (is that a word?) eyes!!! Beautiful picture Jill. : )

Christa

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Off the top of my head, some easy (and fairly cheap) ideas:
*Glittery or shiny ball ornaments in a glass bowl or vase on the table or counter (I saw some at the Dollar Tree that were pretty cute)
*Felt Decor. It's cheap and your kids can do the decorating. have them cut up shapes and make a garland or more ornaments for the tree. They could even make Xmas placemats. Thick white craft glue works well to adhere different pieces. I think Michael's even has precut felt in the Xmas section.

It's early in the morning for me and that's all I can come up with! If I think of more, I'll let you know :)

Hugs, Toni