Friday, December 18, 2009

you've come a long way...

My Eli! You really have come a long way in the last year + some. Yesterday we met with LPS to evaluate if we need to continue services with them. We sat at the table and they did some assesments with you. I'm sure they seemed like fun games as you smiled the whole time. They asked questions until you hit a "ceiling" or a point where you could no longer consistantly answer the questions correctly. I think you enjoyed the challenged = ) While she couldn't show me exact results, we know that you are now testing at and well above the verbal and expressive language requirements. When we started the program, you were barely below one of the required levels, but for the other, you were well below the required level. Almost into the level of "severe", whatever that means. It was the source of many frustrations for you, which resulted in behaviors I didn't know how to deal with. We will never know if you were just a late talker, your sisters did all the talking for you, or if working with LPS gave you the boost you needed. What I do know is I'm EXTREMELY proud of you and all you have accomplished. In a few short weeks, you will be 3!! Wow! Things I love right now is that you can count to 20, you can recite your night time prayer and lead dinner time prayer (and are often the first to remind us when we forget). You are sweet and sensitive mixed with a little mischevious.

Mark and I enjoyed a day up in Omaha last week! My dad braved taking the kids to a movie and over night!! Thank you! We got the majority of our xmas shopping done and enjoyed dinner and after drinks with my brother and SIL. It's been a long time since we've done that and I LOVE that my bro is close again! We went to Dario's Brasserie. Everything was simply wonderful. Top notch food, fine beers, and an elegant french-style ambiance. For beer, I chose the Lindemans Framboise, which is a beer with a mix of raspberries. I strayed from my usual dark, Guiness like beer. However, we all chose a variety and tooks turns sampling so I did get a sip of the St. Bernardus Abt 12, a nice dark beer! For my entree, I chose the Mussels blue cheese. I HIGHLY recommend going here if you have the opportunity.


A summary of Thanksgiving in pictures.

Long trip down. Eli watching Shrek. Not pictured is the girls in the back watching High School Musical.


After a little while on the road he's out! Yeah = )


Did I mention eating? In typical Thanksgiving fashion, good food and desserts were plentiful. Eli helps himself to 2 servings of dessert.


Play time. Pick-up time. Play time. Pick-up time. You get the drift.


Lots of love and chillaxin'!


2 comments:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Hooray for Eli!! That's wonderful that he's made such great strides :)

Ps. LOVE the new banner!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Eli! What a great blog. The love you have for your kids comes through in all of your posts as well as in the pictures you take.

Love Ya.

Eileen