Friday, November 20, 2009

3 dogs...

Me: "Eli, what do you want for Christmas?"

Eli: "Three dogs."

Me: "Um, that's a lot of dogs. What would you name them?"

Eli: "Green"

Me: Hmmm, that is his favorite color. "What about the other dogs? What would their name be?"

Eli: "Pink"

Me: I might be seeing a trend. Pink is Mack's favorite color. "What about the last dog?"

Eli: "Red."

Me: Here I thought he would choose yellow, which is Schuyler's favorite color. Sorry Schuyler, guess he's going with Dad's favorite color. Wouldn't those be interesting dog names. I can just hear it now, "Come Green, Pink, and Red. Oh, and Sadie." It's a good thing the Lincoln city dog limit is 3!

Mack is officially racing around on her bike without her training wheels!! I have NEVER seen a girl so hard on herself. I think she thought she would take them off, get on her bike and go! When we started, she would get frustrated with everything. From the leaves and acorns on the sidewalk to any other pedestrian with whom she had to share rights of the sidewalk with, but specifically her brother and sister. She would play the blame game. "Mom, you're helping too much. Now you're not helping enough." After this little episode I told her I would help if she could be nice otherwise I was walking away and the choice was hers. Let's just say I didn't help and actually, I think we were both better off. She still had moments of frustration and a melt down or two but she did it herself. Go Mackie, go! Next task, learning to turn around in drive ways = )

You are probably expecting pictures of the kids. Sorry folks. I have another landscape. I shouldn't tell you this but I took it from a moving car!! Even though I would have composed it differently given the opportunity, I still like the image.





No comments: