Friday, December 11, 2009

her prayer

For Schuyler's bedtime prayer, this is what she said, "Dear God, Thank you for all the snow and cancelling school so my mom could stay home with us for 3 days. Maybe you could do this again in January." How very sweet is that?!

Being off the past 3 days has been good. At times, I wondered if we were going stir crazy but yesterday was truly a good day. We played lots of games... sequence, which Eli is now into, Sorry, and the Wii! Tuesday and Wednesday we enjoyed sledding down the walk path next to us. Thursday, they got the streets plowed so we could leave home. We went up to Southeast High School for some more intense sledding. Mark had got a couple more sleds so there was no fighting and everybody was sharing!! It was very apparent to me that Eli is NOT so little. Seems like the past few years I've had to carry or help him up the steep slope. Not this year. Not only can he make it up all by himself but he doesn't want mom's help nor her hand. In fact, he's able to carry the sled up and on multiple occassions (after I tried to help) he told me, "I do it by myself"!

Last night we listened to Polar Express on cd. I need to go to the library and get more books on tape/cd.

Here are my 2 of my 3 snow angels = )

This one was not wanting me to take his picture. "Don't take my temperature!!". I'm sure he meant picture but for the record, he doesn't like his temperature take either!


This ones love the snow and was screaming with glee! Some of our neighbors may beg to differ on the sound. See, you must live with her to know her different screams = )




2 comments:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

LOL...that is such a cute prayer!

Sounds like you got some wonderful snow days in. The sledding sounds like FUN :)

Anonymous said...

What a great prayer! Melts your heart, doesn't it. I love the new header too. The picture of Mack is great. She is such a beautiful little girl (don't tell her I called her little). They are all adorable.

Love Ya.

Aunt E.