Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 here we come...

It's time to say good-bye to 2009 and say hello to 2010. As I get older, the years get harder to say good-bye to. I look back at images through the year and see my kids getting older and once again it's like a smack in the face just how fast time goes by. After the Christmas rush it's a reminder not to get stuck in the minutia of day to day things. But it's hard. I do good for a while and then get bogged back down. So, I'm making it a New Year's resolution. My implementation plan is not clear yet, but I'll think of something.

Anyway, this post has taken an extreme turn from what I had planned so let's get things back on track. I have been enjoying a much needed break from photography (with a few minor exceptions) and most importantly some much needed time away from my day job and major quality time with my kids. I've decided this is the best way to get rid of excess PTO = )

What have we been up to you wonder? Let's see. One day it went something like this. Dog pukes. Not sure how long it had sat there before Schuyler found it and it was finally cleaned up. Yuck. The 2 younger kids are napping so it seems like a good time to paint the basement, our latest project in getting the house ready for market. Oh no, kids don't sleep very long and I'm not done. Dog manages to bump both sides of her rear-end into the wet paint on wall. I stop and clean dog off. Use this as an example and warn kids again. Eli can't resist being away from mom and bumps new shirt and new jeans into paint. He is devasted for his clothes. I reassure him I can get it out however he is already running back to his room to hide behind his chair. Yes, this is what he does when he's ashamed, feelings are hurt or he knows he's in trouble. Back to the point, painting is put on hold.

Want another story. One Sunday a.m. I turn cartoons on for the kids so Mark and I can get a few extra zzz's before church. Once awake, Eli climbs on my lap with his beloved blankie. He say's he doesn't feel well which is quite obvious when he no sooner gets the words out and is now getting sick all over me. Hmm, smells like fruit juice. Eli and the girls claim he's had nothing to eat or drink. Hmm. We take him to bathroom and he gets sick again. He wants to take a bath so we make a luke warm one. About that time Mark comes in with the vitamin jar which was completely full last night and is now 1/3 empty. Looks like we foundd the culprit. Within seconds of the discovery, Eli is getting sick again. This time, there is proof as we see regurgitated vitamins. I think this will be a lesson learned for him!

There are xmas stories and othe non-important happenings but they will have to wait for another day.

Here's an internet toast to 2010 -

  • New Beginnings...
  • New Challenges...
  • New Possibilities...


1 comment:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Never a dull moment for you!! LOL :)

I hope you're enjoying your time off and getting in some well deserved rest and relaxation! I hope 2010 brings only the best for you :)