Friday, January 08, 2010

My boy is 3!

It happens every year. My kids become another year older. They don't ask permission to become bigger and brighter, they just do. So long as the world keeps turning and the good lord keeps us together, we will continue to celebrate birthdays and milestones.

Eli got his bday wish, a stay home day with mom. Although, I'm sure we both wish the arctic temperatures would leave already. It was a low key day. He requested Dad's homemade pizza for dinner and a Panda Bear cake (Po, from Kung Fu Panda). The cake is yet to come as we will be celbrating with family on Sunday. I have looked high and low for a Kung Fu Panda cake pan or mold with no luck. I guess this means I will be free handing Po. Eli is the proud owner of a BOYS bike! Yeah! No more riding his sisters' very used, with no tread on the wheels, princess bike. It was used when we got it and has lived a very long life. Long rest the princess bike. Now he will be terrorizing the streets with his blue bike with green wheels. That is, if the snow will ever melt. I'm sure he will be very cool indeed = )

Thoughts on my boy...He loves the movie Kung Fu Panda. He never sleeps without his blue blankie and must find his holes to put his fingers in. He's an "I do it myself" man, even if it means climbing up onto the counter or helping himself to the refridgerator. He can make us laugh with his "serious old man" voice. He's in tune to his feminine side and is okay playing Barbie's and babies with his big sisters. At his ripe old age of 3, he prefers boxer briefs to undies. However, given any opportunity he prefers streaking. Really, you can't turn your back on him. Oh dear, did he give us a good laugh at my bros house on xmas!! The best thing: he loves his momma and is okay with mommy still rocking him, cuddling him, and giving him big bear hugs.

One last thing to leave you with. An excerpt from the Lyrics of Godspeed by the Dixie Chicks. LOVE this song!

"The rocket racer's all tuckered out
Superman's in pajamas on the couch
Goodnight moon, will find the mouse
And I love you

Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

God bless mommy and match box cars
God bless dad and thanks for the stars
God hears "Amen," wherever we are
And I love you"




1 comment:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

That picture is PRICELESS! Love it! Happy Birthday to the little man :)