Thursday, May 03, 2007

Alot in 1 week!

Seems like I should be updating this blog more often as there is so much that happens in a week’s time. Our kids had “no TV” week last week. This really is not a huge deal to them as they rarely watch any TV anyway. Schuyler does enjoy American Idol but, thanks to modern technology we just DVR’d it for her. Mark is more of a TV person than I am, and I must say he reduced his TV greatly, too!

So, I’ve had many people ask about the wedding and one of my friends has very patiently been awaiting pictures. So, my dear friend H, without further ado, here you go. How gorgeous are they!!!




Check this one out. Beautifully backlit with a little sun flare right between them.

It was a LOT of work but I had my faithful husband be my assistant. He actually had some good posing ideas for the groom and was great at calming my nerves.

Schuyler had a great violin recital Sunday. She played “flower song”. Eli was such a good little man, he sat and listened on daddy’s lap through the whole recital. Afterwards, we celebrated her birthday with the grandparents. You grandparents do spoil our kids = ) Friday, was Schuyler’s actual bday and we met daddy at Red Robin for lunch and a trip to the zoo afterwards. Mark and I got her a new bike and she loves her new “big girl” bike.

Here is the Lightning McQueen cake I cooked for her friends’ bday, which was the week before. Must have been good b/c there was none left!


And, here is a pic of the 5 year old herself!



There is something special about turning 5. She seems older and more independent. I observed her Friday at her school and sitting in the dimly lit room, my eyes filled with tears as I watched her work on a complex problem involving math and beads with her best friend, Alexi. I sat there wondering about her future, what roads it will lead her down. My thoughts didn’t last long as Mackie spied me and I went and hid in the closet while Ms. Ann peeked at her through the blinds. Schuyler eventually spotted me too and I could read her lips saying “Mommy”. After that, it was time for Mommy to leave = )

Schuyler had dance pictures on Tuesday. I went and picked both girls up. If you do one up, you have to do the other up too! So, Mackie through on tights and a leotard and I did her make-up as well. Both of my girls looked just darling!

Tonight is parent-teacher conferences. I hope for positive reports on both girls. Tomorrow is my aunt and uncle’s 30th wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary Aunt E and Uncle S!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill-
Once again you have shown your genius with the craft of photography! The wedding photos are lovely as is the 5 yr old!
Nice job w/your Auntie and Uncle too. Keep driving forward w/your wonderful talent!! See you soon-
Cindy A

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures Jill. The wedding pictures did turn out really well. You should be very proud of yourself on your photos and as a GREAT mom! Thanks again for the pictures they are so good (and not because of the subjects).
Love Ya.
Aunt Eileen