Thursday, May 17, 2007

Recommended Reading

For anyone out there that loves a great book, I highly recommend My Sister's Keeper (click title for details). I have found reading while I'm pumping at work to be very relaxing. I had come across this book a while back but never had time to read. I just finished during my lunch break today and all I can say is WOW. In summary, it's about a girl who was genetically conceived to be a "match" for her older sister who has some rare form of cancer. The idea was the cord blood would be used to save the older sister. Well, as time progresses, the sister's health deterioarates and various procedures are needed, requiring the younger sister to be the doner. So, where do you draw the line?

We are gearing up for another big weekend. Mackie has her first bday party that only she was invited to, not her big sis as well. This will give her something special since so many times it's the reverse. And, it's for her best friend Shainey. Schuyler has her dance recital on Sunday. Can't wait to see her all dolled up. Eli will be baptized on Sunday. Every child has something special this weekend.

I'm hoping tonight I will get my mother's day present. I wanted Mark to take some pics of me and the kids. Just playing and goofing off like we normally do. Cross your fingers that time permits this as well as happy kids!


Here are some pics of some handsome 'lil men. The one is obviously mine and the other is one of my best friend's boys. He was so delightful to work with. Thank you Miss A for letting me capture him. Hope you are enjoying them!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill..........love what you did w/the front page of the blog! Looks great.
I always look forward to your latest creations! Have a great Holiday weekend..see you all soon.
Best- Cindy A