Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Vacation Bible School Week




We've had our first few days at VBS and it is one busy, fun, chaotic time! At last count, there were 250 kids. We pretty much fill the worship area. The best is to look around when all the kids and volunteers are singing and dancing. My crew is good. I only have 4 kids. My fifth is yet to show so I volunteered to take on another if need be. Schuyler is having a great time and loves the fact that Mommy is her "teacher". I think her favorite is the singing and dancing, craft time, and snack ; ) Our themes have been Jesus is our friend and Jesus is our life.

Mack is actually learning too! They just started a toddlers and twos program and at first I was a little leary that they could teach kids that age about God. The first night I asked her what she learned and she said "Jesus is ALIVE". Oh, if you could here her. I need a tape recorder b/c it's so funny how she uses fluctuations in her voice to make a point. Last night it was "Jesus love me" - in a much softer and very cute voice.

They are bringing kids from the City Mission to experience VBS. There is one child that has posed a problem as he is quite the escapee artist. He darted away from his crew leader, ran outside, and we would have kept going in the field had he not been caught. Luckily, we have extra volunteers keeping an eye out on him. I'll check in later in the week w/ more updates!

Of course I have to include a picture!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

How cute Jill...I love the colors and the textures in this! =)

VBS is so much fun....Gracie loved to go and they do learn so much. =)

Anonymous said...

Love this...So, so cute! I really love how she has that little leg againest the wall. :)