Thursday, July 27, 2006

Normalcy of Everyday Life


As I figure it, life is about enjoying the daily ups and downs, the normalcy of everyday life, not the extremes. I think that is what this week has been about. I caught some sort of cold bug Monday night and went to bed immediately after putting the girls down - 8:30. I slept until 6:15 and woke up feeling equally as bad. I managed thru my day at work and left 15 minutes early. I know I should have listened to my body but my head said keep going. Anyway, I ended missing both girls' swimming lessons. Mack has decided she is dreadfully afraid of bugs and they are going to get her. These are the downs but at the same time there is good in them. I got some rest and the girls' loved on their momma. Mack's new fear is so extreme it's almost funny and you wonder where it came from.

As for the ups - Schuyler floated on her back by HERSELF! This is coming from Mark since I was at home. Mack is the entertainment of her supertots class. Last night, as Mark and I were briefly talking at the dinner table, the freshly bathed girls paraded around naked in dress up shoes, scarves, purses, and pink lipstick! We were cracking up.

So here is to life's up and downs and the normalcy associated with it. We'll take it any day!

The pic is of my very beautiful niece, Megan.

No comments: