Friday, October 30, 2009

our pumpkin... Flower Rose

We are finally on the road to recovery. Mack and Eli went back to the Montessori yesterday. I have your typical cold symptoms... runny nose, aches, and tiredness. (What a surprise being I've been coughed on for 4 days straight = ) Luckily, I've gone to bed around 9:00 the past 2 nights, which is unheard of for me. Schuyler appears to be losing her voice and has developed a cough. This a.m. she had dark circles under her eyes. I am praying she stays healthy for Halloween! Maybe I should start bathing her in germ-x as I have done for the past week!

My wonderful MIL watched Schuyler yesterday as well as do my dishes, scrub my toilets, wash and fold 4 or so loads of laundry and I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting. She is heaven sent and the reason why I was able to go to bed early.

During our time together, the 2 sickies and I were able to gut and carve the pumpkin. Unfortunately, this meant I wasn't able to roast the pumpkin seeds like I do every year but it was entertaining. This is our sole pumpkin. With the kids being down and out and now the cold, rainy weather, there was no trip to the pumpkin patch = ( I always enjoy all the activities, the fall colors, the smell in the air and of course the wonderful photo ops! Back to our pumpkin, her name is Flower Rose and I'm sure for those of you who know us well, you will know who named the pumpkin =) So from our kitchen table to your home, Happy Halloween!!


No comments: