Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Just us...

I posted this on my photography blog but thought I would post it here as well, even though you all know who I am! This picture was taken by Jen Hoevet, a photographer based in the LaVista area. We just "met" a few short weeks ago but through the wonderful world of email, quickly became friends. Her family ventured down to Lincoln and we traded services. My ultimate goal was to get just 1, count it 1, family picture. When I saw the picture below, it warmed my heart. Don't be surprised if that's on our xmas card!!



Last night we had another McKenzism. We were at the dinner table and she said, "Mom, this is the BEST dinner ever! It's deliciable". Yes, not delicious but deliciable. Now, guess what we had... tuna noodle casserole. Really, that's all I had to cook to get a compliment like that! Wish I would have known that earlier.

It's getting cooler here in good 'ol NE. I finally convinced Mark to turn the furnace on. I've only been walking around in several layer for 5 or so days!

On another random note, I can hear again! I've felt like my hearing has been muffled for the last several months. Last week, I went to the Dr. and my ears were clogged. I think he said it was like little rocks in my ears. Not uncommon. I've had my ears irrigated before as I have small ear cannals and apparently the my ears are very proficient at making wax. Well, he couldn't get it out and prescribed some ear drops. I went back yesterday and this time he was successful in removing the rocks! My first response was how loud the Dr. sounded. He said I would likely want a volumne control b/c people would sound loud. My 2nd response, "Great, I can't wait to really hear how loud McKenzie is when she screams!!"

1 comment:

Terry McKaig said...

What a great family photo Jill......love the wall!!