Wednesday, November 04, 2009

how spectacular

How spectacular is this?! This is what I witnessed on Sunday evening, along with several other beautiful scenes. See, I had some time to myself traveling back from a photoshoot. On the way there, my mind was racing, making mental do lists and reminders and flipping through the stations. It wasn't until the way home that I let my mind rest and take notice of my surroundings. The natural beauty that God has created that I don't take notice of often enough. The way the sun illuminated the cornfields, the sky filled with beautiful white clouds, the red barn sitting in the middle of the lush green grash, and SO many other things. Had I not needed to pick up Mack from a bday party, I would have made several stops and attempted to capture some of God's beauty. I was fortunate enough to capture this sunset. I have looked at it several times as a reminder to myself to laydown my heavy burden I have put on myself. It is not God who puts it there but me. I fulfill a million roles a day... photographer, care giver, mother, wife, friend, teacher, etc... but rarely do I fulfill the one role I need to, which is child of God. I'm to busy making it from day to day, hour to hour and sometimes minute to minute. In the past 3 days I have vowed to spend more time with Him. Even if short periods. I'm laying my burdens at his feet, waving my white flag and asking for help. It's hard for me not pick it all up b/c I like the control. But really, even when I think I'm in control, I'm not.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an incredible picture Jill!!!

Christa

Anonymous said...

Jill, what a beautiful picture and how true your words are. We should all take your words and follow them. I know what you mean about "being in control", I think that is a female thing, we think we can and need to do it all, even if it means ignoring our own needs. Thanks for sharing your picture and beautiful words.

Aunt E