Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blog Slacker

Hi. My name is Jill and I'm a blog slacker! Where has the time gone? Days into weeks and tomorrow is October? Really?

This past weekend was filled to the brim with going here and be there, one after another. Photo shoots, soccer games, church, and an outing with Mark. As the trees begin to turn colors and the weather starts to cool I feel a sense to slow down. Stop and look around, maybe even linger. Give the kids an extra hug and let them know how truly special I feel to be their mother. Tonight we have no activities, no where to be. I have a craving for oatmeal scotchies = ) Hmmm...

Back to the weekend, I had the pleasure of solo-coaching both Schuyler and Mack's soccer games. They both ended up tying and each scored a girl = ) I LOVE the game of soccer but even more LOVE to help young girls learn the game and grow. Mark's parents came up for the weekend so Mark and I could enjoy a round of golf with some friends. Saturday's weather was perfect! Us girls even got a legit birdie playing best ball = ) I hit the green with my drive and my friend sunk the putt in the hole!! Afterwards, we watched the game at the Embassy.

Schuyler has become a fan of Mia Hamm. We bought a children's book about her and she likes to read it in her leisure. Lately, she has most enjoyed tooling around the sidewalk on her rollerblades.

Mack is enjoying kindergarten. Her favorite activity is writing in her journal and making illustrations.

Eli, well he continues to collect sticks and rocks. It is not uncommon for me to find rocks in my purse or hear a lound banging coming from the dryer and the cause is usually a rock in one of his pockets.



One of the rugrats and my mom.


1 comment:

Antonia said...

So now I am TOTALLY CRAVING oatmeal scotchies! They and snickerdoodles battle as my favorite cookie! It's in the fall that I miss the seasons with the changing leaves and chilly weather. Hopefully I'll get to enjoy it when I'm back in a few weeks.

I don't know if your dad told you, but Nate and I will be in town on the 17OCT and my mom will be having a dinner at her house for anyone that can come by. I know it's a long way to go for you and your clan.