Tuesday, October 07, 2008

H, for hard love and Huskers

So, I finally had the chance to go to a Husker's game. It's been at least 2 years since I've been to one in person b/c I've been pregnant or nursing. It's too bad it couldn't have been a better game. I also have to admit that these night games are just not my cup of tea. I am NOT a night person and my body just starts shutting down after a certain time! I went back to the van at the start of the 4th qtr and while Mark listened to it on the radio, I fell asleep! Sheesh!

Ms. Denie met with Eli last week at the Montessori and yesterday we had our home visit. She is establishing a relationship with him and working on speech. She is also coaching me on dealing with certain behaviors. He had one of his extreme meltdowns yesterday. Which is good from the standpoint that I need to know how to deal with it. It's also hard in the fact that I know I'm doing some things wrong. For example, I can ignore tantrums to a point. But once they get to that cry, the one where the gasping for air, or he's banging his head, I go and pick him up and give him loves. Well, this is rewarding him for his negative behavior. I'm not so good at the tough love thing. Let's just say there is room for improvement. This is where Mark compliments me well, he's much better at dealing with these situations than I am.

Schuyler has another loose tooth! Seriously, the girl has no front teeth how can she lose another one and how on earth is she going to eat. That would be a total of 5 teeth missing. Although, 2 of the bottom ones are slowly coming in. And, how does it go from barely loose to hardly hanging on in 1 day! I swear the girl plays with it all day long. She was saying this a.m. how she hopes it falls out at school so she can go to the nurses office!! Silly girl!

Here are some pictures. I'm always looking for a good excuse to take some pictures = ) So, when my niece Maddy found this dress of Schuyler's and we had other cordinating outfits, it only made sense to go take some pics. She was much more enthused than my kids. I like fresh meat!!

Here is one in b/w...

I like most of these in color. It's the combo of her beautiful blue eyes, dark hair, and gorgeous freckles!



Love the blue background of the dumpster, yes a dumpster, and the wind blowing their hair. See, Schuyler has NO teeth!

Ms. Mack working the camera!

Had to throw this one in! Last week, Schuyler's best friend rode with us to their Soccer game. I think she could totally fit into our family of blondies!

McKenzie - you know she's up to something! Liking the bowl that I just used to make scones. I guess you would call it scone dough! See the remnants around her face!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Tough love is hard but you just have to remember that it is probably hurting you more than it is them! They know you still love them.

Aunt E.