Wednesday, October 22, 2008

STOP class

I spent last night at STOP class and will be finishing up tonight. Can I say it's not nearly as painful as it was 9 years ago! The officer is is a great lady with personality and I've learned a lot from her real life stories as compared to the lecture man I had way back when. It makes me appreciate the job they do - not that I didn't in the first place - it's just they deal with so much than I ever realized. I've also come to the realization that there are a lot of driving teenagers and college students that really don't have a clue!!

Take female teenager #1 as our first example. She is 19 which means she's had her license a whopping 3 year. During this time, she has managed to go to 3 STOP classes - all in different counties and is on her 3rd car and has received numerous traffic violations. She was sitting next to a lawyer who offered her business card and said "Here, you'll probably need this!". Another comment was, "Let us know when you leave and we can all leave after you or before you".

Example #2 - male college student who was bragging that he was drinking and driving and only received a speeding ticket. Um, hello! Do you not realize the teacher is an officer!! He also believes it's incorrect for late night eating establishments (ie Amigos, McDonald's, etc) to call the cops if they small alcohol on a customer's breath or if the custome is acting irridically. I was shaking my head to myself in the back of the class room when the gal next to me piped up and asked if he, a family member or a friend had ever been effected by drinking or drinking and driving. His answer was of course "No". She replied, "You'll think different when it does". I said an Amen!

Mack has been diligently working on writing her name. However, we have found her autograph on the light switch, her sister's pillow, and the wall. She tried to blame her sister, saying Schuyler was the one writing McKenzie on everything. We working on this lying she has developed.

Eli has become a fountain of words, at least for him. He's putting two words together... bye da, mo please, help please, etc... and lot's more of one worders... buckle, strap, spray.

Schuyler got to practice with her soccer team on Monday. She was disappointed she couldn't play but who ever was sitting out would come and sit with her! She also got best dribbler award, which she was very proud of. She was able to do jazz yesterday so something to entertain my active girl. We saw the Dr. on Monday for a follow-up. The bones are still aligned nicely and she'll be in the big cast another 3 weeks.

Here's the cast again. This was after she woke up from a 3.5 or 4 hour nap. The girl was exhausted!


My sweet Eli. He can be the sweetest!



No comments: