Wednesday, September 10, 2008

always count your blessings

Before you go to bed, do you count your blessings? After an incident last Friday, I've been couting mine. The kids and I went to Runza to use our free ice cream cone coupons. It was a beautiful evening and we were eating outside. Eli had just got down from my lap and was looking at some rocks right beside me. I noticed his cone was getting down to the wrapper level so I went to take it off for him so he didn't eat it. After I did, he was MAD. He made a dash for the drive thru and I could hear a car coming. I screamed, probably at the very top of my lungs "NO!". He had both feet just off the curb and was ready to take another step and throw his spoon. Luckily, I was able to catch the hand that was going to throw the spoon and pull him back. The truck must have heard my scream b/c he had veered slightly away from the curb. My poor little boy was probably 6-12 inchs from getting hit. It was a big F150 truck and Eli's head would have taken the brunt of the bumper. People from inside came out and the driver of the truck was upset. It took me a moment to come out of my shock. Luckily we were all okay. After the driver left, and the people went back inside, I sat holding my head in my hands and cried. I sent a prayer up to God. There is no point to this story. It just needed to get off my chest.

On a more light hearted note. Schuyler had her first fall soccer game. She just loves soccer. She plays kickball every recess.

Mackie had her first dance class. I think the girl is in love with it. She didn't want to leave. She wanted to join Schuyler's class since it's right after her's on Tuesday nights.

Here's 2 of my beautiful sunshine! Look at that toothless grin in the last one!



No comments: