Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mackie turns 3!!!

3 years ago this day, our little McKenzie was born. She was our father's day gift that year. I had been having contractions that a.m. but we managed to meet Mom and Dad at Hy-Vee for breakfast. Everyone, but myself ;-), enjoyed a nice, but quick breakfast. Schuyler stayed with them while we checked in. Labor was a breeze and she arrived at 2:09 p.m. I remember the first thing I noticed was her sweet little dimple chin. Happy bday Mackie!! We had to already open 1 present this a.m. Schuyler "urged" her to open a specific one b/c she remembered it from several months back when we bought it. A Cars slip-n-slide. Mackie took rice krispie treats to share during snack time as well as pictures from when she was born.

Other odds and ends. I was able to shoot a 15 yr old last week as well as a darling little 6 month old. I can't wait to share. The field trip on Friday to the nature center was a success. I took my girls and another friend from their class, Amelia. Amelia is a bit of a personality too! On multiple occassions she said "this is taking too long". We all touched the snake and turtle (yes, myself included). Schuyler was the teacher's pet! Not only was she front in line for everything, she had answers to a lot of quetions. For example, she knows what a cold blooded animal is. Amazing! We had lunch with daddy and went to Star City Shores in the afternoon. Mom met us there which was awesome b/c I would have had my hands full!!! Papa took the girls in the evening for a work celebration where they had a good time! Sunday was father's day and Mark's bday. He celebrated with a golf lesson and round of golf on Saturday. We took him out to lunch Sunday and I made a homemade strawberry cheesecake. It was delicious. NOTE: to anyone with baby, do not feed him/her cheesecake. Yes, Mark thought Eli should share in the celebration. Maybe I should have made him get up with him in the middle of the night = )

As for Eli, he is quite the little talker. He exercises his voice at the most interesting times, usually church and when we're out to eat. Alos, he is, for the most part, sitting. A little assistance is required at times.

Another busy week and weekend ahead. Just one of my little birthday girl!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give Mackie a big birthday kiss from Aunt Eileen! What an awesome picture of her.

Take Care.
Luv Ya!
Aunt Eieen

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill-
Once again-meticulous work on the photos!! I may seek your expert opinion my photos from St Lucia...what a beautiful island!
I hear via Alan the birthday was good!
Talk w/you later-see you soon.
Cindy A