Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mackie Stories

Well, as many of you know, our little McKenzie has enough personality and spunk for 2 or 3 people and she has been letting it shine! My photo friend had rented a lens and I wanted to give it a try before returning it for her. I have an upcoming shoot at Wesleyan campus, where I've never shot before. So, I grabbed the lens and kids and headed to Wesleyan. Schuyler was in photo mood, which is rare for her. I'm snapping away when I hear a blood curtling cry coming from Mackie. I'm expecting to see blood, however, it is no more than her pointing to a bug. She is deathly afraid of bugs. Rollie pollies and lady bugs are fine, anything else will elicit one of these horrendous screams from her. In fact, the guard came out from the building I was shooting in front of to make sure everything was okay. I was slightly embarrased. Needless to say, I didn't get many shots of Mackie. The ride home was terrible! There was a bug on her window. We listened to the scream/cry all the way home. Schuyler tried to ease her worries by offering her this advice, "McKenzie, don't worry. Only a mosquito will bite you and it doesn't hurt, it only sucks your blood." This makes matters worse, and Mackie starts cyring even harder, to the point where it's hard to breathe. "I..... DON'T..... WANT..... IT.... TO .... SUCK.... MY.... BLOOD". I have to laugh to keep my sanity. This is quickly followed by "DON'T LAUGH AT ME". I think she stayed inside the rest of the night!

Ready for another (shorter) story. Last night marked the beginning of swim lessons. Both girls enjoyed them but Mackie LOVES them. She was center stage. When ever a volunteer was needed, she was first in line! She is actually a very good little swimmer. I imagine after this session Schuyler and Mack will be in the same class. There were tears afterwards b/c she didn't want to leave swimming lessons. And, she was upset b/c Schuyler's class got to jump into the pool and her's did not. Oh, the drama!!

The week will continue to be busy. Violin lesson tonight, I have a photo shoot (if it stops raining), and a visit w/ a friend I haven't seen in a year or two. Tomorrow is swimming again. Friday I'm taking the day for a field trip in the a.m. and celebrating Mack's bday (a few days early). Dad is taking the girls that night. Hopefully, I can play catch up on some photo stuff. Saturday will be a 6 month shoot. Sunday is Mark's bday and father's day. Whew!
Here are a few images from my Home Portrait Party this past weekend. Cute, cute kids! These are 2 of the families.







No comments: