Friday, June 19, 2009

One more day...

and Mack will be 5! She has been counting days since last week. At this age, whe will gain a small amount of independence as she begins kindergarten. And every year after, the indepence slowly increases. She was our father's day blessing 5 years ago, something I will never forget. I remember how proudly Mark held this small bundle of joy with little plump cheeks in his arms. She is growing in so many ways, physically, emotionally, and intellectually. She brings home artwork that is beautiful...usually of our family with flowers, butterflies, and sometimes we all have a crown or tiara...that's our Mack!

We will be celebrating by having a little party with 7 or so of her girl friends. There will be sprinklers, waterballoons, painting toes... I've got some Luau decorations. The only question mark is the cake. She's picked out the kind, chocolate devil's food. She wants Hannah Montana but I'm pretty sure they don't have a cake pan for her and I had a hard enough time free handing the Lion King!!! I'm sure I'll think of something.

Mark's bday was Wed but we didn't really celebrate b/c he helps coach Schuyler's softball team and they had practic. We had cake last night and I will take him out to dinner tonight while the 3 rowdies go to Papa's (thanks dad)!

Happy father's day to all the father's, grandfather's, to-be father's, etc...

My bday girl!!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Mack! She is just a natural in front of the camera! Have fun on your date tonight!

Eileen

Antonia said...

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe Mac is almost five! Wow. Those photos are great :)

Good luck with the party!!