Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spring Soccer is done

I hope all you mommy's out there had a good Mother's Day! I know I did = ) Mark's parents came to watch Schuyler's last soccer game and then we went out to eat for Mother's day at Red Lobster. On Sunday, the kids woke up and started making me more pictures, in addition to the ones they had already made. Best of all, I got the most wonderful card! It was a BIG card. The outside said You're an EXTRAordinary mom so we go you and EXTRA large card. Then, in the inside in big block letters it said "We Love You". Then, it said in little letters, "Hmmm, guess it wasn't big enough". Mark filled the entire card with writing. Each child had a section and then a section from all 3, thanking me for things I do, or with warm fuzzies. For instance, Eli's said, "Thank you for rocking me every night, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to meet with me and Ms. Denie, I love that I was your mother's day surprise, etc...". I had tears rolling down my face. Such a thoughtfula and creative gift. The thing I noticed was that little things make a big difference. Like, letting the kids like the cookie batter from the bowl or being able to pick Schuyler up from school every day.

Oh, I can't forget my great garage sale find. A new desk for Schuyler. I took before pics and will take after pics when it's complete. It's sanded and has a fresh coat of white paint for the chair and desk. The drawers will be painted yellow with new white pulls and the chair needs a new cover. Trash to treasure = )

Here's Schuyler's soccer team. What a great bunch of girls! Ignore the paisty white coach in the green shirt!



No comments: