Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Miss Nora

Why is it after a vacation you need another day to recoup? Great Wolf Lodge was a blast. The girls tried everything... the regular waterslides and the raft waterslides. Eli was upset he couldn't go on some of the bigger slides but enjoyed the smaller ones. Personally, one day was plenty for me and I'm glad we were staying at a different hotel Saturday night. I have to say I was very impressed with the lifeguards... very attentive. The beds on the otherhand, all sagged to the middle. Saturday, we stayed at the Marriot in the Plaza, which was just minutes from my bro's house. The room had recently been remodeled and was beautiful. However, the pool, which was not yet remodeled, had much to be desired. There was no heat in the pool room or in the pool itself. They could adjust the pool temperature (it would take 2-3 hours) but not the room temp. The hot tub felt like what the pool should feel like. But, the kids enjoyed it anyway and we warmed up with steaming hot baths and showers = ) So many good eats in KC as well... Arthur Bryant's and Cheesecake factory...YUM!

I did NOT take any pics of Great Wolf Lodge. I didn't want the added stress of worrying about a camera. Worrying about 3 kids is enough and I was there to have fun. However, I did get some pics of Nora =)

Eli has been pretening to ride motorcycles around the house. He uses just about anything... my tripod, foldable kids chairs, etc... So, when we spotted a little one at Target for $20, we knew he had to have it. Plus, he kind of gets the shaft with his bday just after xmas. He LOVES it! He was helping daddy put it together last night.

Valentine's day is coming and we have already begun to make our homemade vday cards all 65+ of them. Eli has absolutely no interest in them! I think his sister's will pick up the slack for him = )

And, what you have all been waiting for, 'lil Miss Nora!

This is my fave but I did a horrible job of editting the outlet in the lower right hand corner. I'll have to redo that!!






I got a little carried away with this one and her face got too light. I'll have to fix that, too!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill. Nora is adorable! And I would never have noticed the outlet if you wouldn't have said anything. : )

Christa

Anonymous said...

Jill-
Lovely pictures....your "craft" just seems to be boundless!
I'm w/Christa...I would not have noticed either...and I have a pretty good "eye."
I love the pix on your other site of the Daddy w/the new baby and the dark background.
Superb!!!!
Cindy

Jill said...

Thank you Christa and Cindy for your nice comments. I guess sometimes I am a bit of a perfectionist!