Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Vday - early

An early happy vday to all of you! Nothing like 8 or so inches of snow! That's okay with me. I got to spend the day with my kiddos and did some major baking. Homemade runza for dinner, some peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies for desert. And, we went outside for some snow angels and snow fun in the back yard. The cleaning is still waiting for me. However, the girls did get their room back into respectable shape.

Look what is happening to my oldest daughter. She's growing up. Right before my eyes. She's challenging us... finding her boundaries. I'm sure this will continue for the next 15 years or so. Moments of sweetness, like reading to her brother, helping him up when he falls in the snow and giving him pushes on the sled. Then, there are moments where she seems so ungrateful. "I don't have to". "Fine"! Gestures where she plugs her ears when we talk, stomps out of the room. Where, oh where, is my instruction book!

Demolition begins on our Master bathroom. Actually, there is nothing "master" about it. It's barely big enough for the toilet and sink. However, it needs to be done and we'll be one step closer to getting our house on the market, if we so choose.





No comments: