Tuesday, January 06, 2009

my babe is now a terrible 2

Guess whose birthday is today? Mr. Eli. My babe is now 2!! Where have the last 2 years gone? He has brought us balance in a house that was once full of estrogen. We delight in his mischevious grin and boyish ways. He is a handsome little devil with his tow-head blond hair and big blue eyes. He's a momma's boy and though at times it would be nice not to have someone glued to my side or right under foot, I enjoy our bond. The potty training will begin before I know it and the diapers will be gone. Such bitter sweet moments.

We got him just one gift for his birthday. It's a motorized John Deere vehicle with front loader and trailer. Mark stayed up late and put it together so it was waiting for him in the living room with a bow. I wasn't there to see his reaction but Mark said his eyes got really big and he said "my sheen"? (meaning my machine).

Eli and I spent quality time together last week as Mark left for the Gator Bowl and the girls went to MO to see their cousins. I finally was able to paint my accent wall that I have been wanting to do for ages. Now, if I can get Mark to hang my shelf I'm sure I can find something to put on it!

Mark had a rough time getting back to Lincoln. Multiple delays, rerouted flights, and the wait for de-icing. Instead of 4:30 pm it was 12:30 am! Luckily, he has a great father-in-law who was able to pick him up from the airport= )

Mack missed her dad a lot. There were tears the first night but we found one of daddy's worn shirts from the laundry hamper. I said to her, "Here, smell it. It smells like daddy." With her big pout, she replied "It does smell like daddy". Pretty cute! She cuddled it at nights and it made the trip down to MO!

Oh, Cindy that you for your comments. Hope you had a good xmas and happy new year, too!

Eli let me snap a few shots, not many, while the gang was gone. Hat is one of my mother's creations =)









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill-
Love that hat! Your Mom is quite the artist! Cindy