Thursday, June 26, 2008

birthday, Eli graduates, and a bump on the head

Well, how is that for an interesting title? We made it through all our birthday celebrations! I have one word to describe it "pinkalicious"! Yes, she got a pink dress, pink flip-flops, pink tank top, pink swim suit...among the other great gifts she is enjoying. Oh, how could I almost forget... the pink princess cake! Did you know a soccer ball cake pan can be made into a ball gown for a princess. Yep! It was pink too!

Miss Schuyler got a boo-boo on her head. We stopped over at a friend's house on Tuesday night. Their daughter and our 2 girls were playing downstairs when I hear a cry and their daughter racing upstairs saying Schuyler fell off the bed and is bleeding. So, down I run like a bat outta you know where. I see her cyring on the bed with blood in her hair and on her shirt. I scoop her up in my arms and yell for Mark b/c we all know this mom freaks out in these kind of situations. Luckily, my friend is a nurse. She takes control, cleans off the wound, applies ice and eventually stops the bleeding. We are fortunate this time. It's a decent gash and had it not been in her hair line, we would have probably gone to the ER. Actually, I still wanted to take her to the ER but my hubby talked me out of it, rightfully so (at least this time).

Eli has been visiting the Montessori. Tomorrow he will graduate from Linda's and begin the Montessori on July 7th, after the summer break. It's another bitter sweet moment. Linda is like my 2nd mom and I couldn't have asked for a better person to teach, love, and look after our dear Eli. I know this is not goodbye as the kids and I will continue to stop over and visit the babies. But, I will miss seeing her on a daily basis. Eli had an okay visit on Tuesday. He would not let me very far out of his sight. He did display some of his furniture moving and climbing abilities : ) Today was a bit better. Everyone was outside either playing on the playground or doing patio work... gardening, water work, washing windows, scrubbing work, crushing egg shells for the garden, cracking nuts for the animal feeders, etc... Half the time he didn't know I was there. But, Schuyler was right by his side introducing him to all the children and showing him the different work. She was a very proud big sister! Eli had so much fun, he didn't want to leave.

We are on the hunt for a new refridgerator! Ours is leaking. We know the style we like but are limited b/c of the width. I hope we find one very soon. Actually, Mark has done all the research and shopping around.

Since I have not got to any pictures of the bday party, I'll show you a little of what I've been up to. Soon, my family life and photography life will live separately as I'll be unveiling something new. But, until that time...





No comments: