Friday, January 04, 2008

Greetings!

2008 is here! Wow, the years sure go by fast. I've been reflecting on 2007 and here are some thoughts that pop into my head.
  1. We started 2007 with the birth of our son. I can't believe he will be 1 on Sunday! He has blessed us in so many ways.

  2. Jill Riese Photography was officially born and I can thank many of you in one way or another - by being my guinea pig and letting me take pictures of you or a loved one, through the constant support and encouragement so many of you provided, by referrals from my friends and family, etc...

  3. Our kids have grown in so many ways - Schuyler had her fist dance recital, began to play soccer, learned to ride a bike, started Kindergarten and is reading, adding etc... Mack started gymnastics, had her first dance recital, went to the dentist for the first time, moved up to the primary classroom. Eli, well he learned to sit, crawl, walk, climb and all those other milestones. We are so thankful for all of this.

  4. Mark and I went to Savannah, GA - a place neither of us had been to.

  5. As with any year, 2007 had a few downs as well. The lord called home Mark's grandfather, Ray Riese. My grandma has been diagnosed with Shy Drager syndrome (sp?), a neuorological shut down.

We are fortunate in that the good far out ways the bad. I can only imagine what 2008 will have in store for us.

We all enjoyed the Christmas break and the kids returned to school on Thursday and are beginning to get back into a routine. As mentioned above, Eli turns 1 on Sunday! We're going to have just a small little party for him. Can you guess what his cake will be? A basketball. I'll begin work on that one tomorrow.

Here is the only decent family photo of us from Christmas. The regular blog routine is back. Oh, my Christmas cards, or should I say New Year's cards are on there way! It would figure the printer would mess mine up= 0 I guess that's better than a client's!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Looks like Eli was pulling Schuyler's hair?

2007 was quite the year! Glad to see the blog updated. I look forward to seeing all your great pictures! Also, the Christmas/New Years Card was awesome!

Love You.

Aunt E