Thursday, September 27, 2007

rambling on...

That's what I do sometimes. Ramble.

Sunday Schuyler had her soccer game. She score 3 (maybe 4 goals). She has become quite the little player (a chip off the ol' block - just kidding). Yes, I am very much enjoying it as well as Mark. She is hosting pick up games in our front or back yard with the neighbor kids. They have cones and a goal! It's so fun to watch these games. When a child scores they look to their parents with a look like "did I really do that?"

Mackie is enjoying gymnastics and holding her own in a class with 3 boys - serves her well. After this past session the teacher came out to talk to me. Of course I immediately wonder, uh oh, what did Mackie do? Her teacher, Fox (yes, that is her name), had only good things to say. She said McKenzie is doing really well and if she chooses to stick with it she could be quite the little gymnast. She said that all the kids in the class are a competive bunch. But, while the boys are saying "I can do this or I can do that" McKenzie just goes and does it! I of course told her thank you but it is way too soon to tell what Mack will be interested in.

Schuyler is reading. It's incredible. Just tonight we were reading the beginning reader book by Dr. Suess. It truly is amazing. She even wanted to do homework (not that they have any in kindergarten). So, she did some spelling work...Schuyler, Dad, Mom, Hat, Cat and Dog.

Here is a conversation from McKenzie.

"Mom, I have a sparkle here", says Mack as she points to her body.

"A sparkle?", I reply. I look down and see it's a freckle. "Oh honey, that's a freckle."

Mack - "I have another fartkle here," pointing to her big toe.

"It's actually a freckle", I repeat.

"I have another fartkle on my behind", Mack says. She bares her rear and shows me her freckle. She really does make us laugh!

Here are a few GA wedding shots...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are keeping all these blogs so that someday you will be able to share them with the kids.
Had a ball Sunday. Hopefully we can make it to the game this next Sunday too (no promises, just hopes).

Luv Ya!
Aunt E