Wednesday, March 28, 2007

In loving arms


I LOVE this picture of my father with his grandkids. So many times, you try and get the so-called "perfect" picture where everyone is looking and smiling. But, more often, it's moments such as the above that speak volumes. A little infant yawning, tired from a morning with his big sisters. An older, protective sister lovingly looking over her little brother and the other snuggling in close for a hug. A grandfather, proudly holding his grandkids in his lap. And, all their heads being sunkissed by warmth of light.
We made it through last week. Eli ended up spiking a fever on Thursday. So, after a LONG Dr. appt of blood cultures, xrays, and a shot, Eli and I spent the day at home. Papa came over and rocked little guy so mama could get some much needed rest. Things turned around for the better after that day. Birthday parties were great and Mark and I enjoyed the baptism of Reagan. She is ADORABLE. I'll try and share some pics. We had an awesome dinner afterwards with Cori and Dan's families'.
Mark left yesterday morning. The kids and I faired well for our first night although you can tell they miss their daddy. I hope the rest of the week continues to go well. I'm planning a little slumber party with the girls in our bed on Thursday night as a little reward.
I have to say that Eli is changing so MUCH. He is really starting to grab onto objects and is cooing and talking a lot more. Most of the time he's such a smiley guy but I'm yet to catch it on camera, though I have it on video. Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill...love the photo!
thanks for sharing.
Cindy A

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! So much love! Enjoyed the visit and play last night! Hope the slumber party was fun.
Love Ya!
Aunt Eileen