Friday, October 13, 2006

Fall!

Fall is here!! My favorite time of year. I love when the leaves start turning. I love the fall colors... organges, burgundy, brown etc... I love warm apple crisp with milk and the wonderful smell it creates in your house. I love the cooler weather and wearing jeans, long sleeve t's, and light sweaters. I love a nice warm cup of tea or chai.

On another note, I 'm so glad it's Friday. It's been a fairly busy week but not too hectic. My best friend had her twins on Monday. It was so awesome to go and see her Wednesday. They are all doing very well. Alexander John was born at 8:06 a.m. weighing 5 lb 14 oz. Reagan Hope was born at 8:07 a.m. weighing 5 lb 2 oz. I got to hold both babies - the smallest I have ever held.

Schuyler got to go to the Lied Center with Dad to watch the "Passing Zone". It's part of their family fest night where they have a few activity centers for the kids and cookies before the show starts. The Passing Zone is a juggling/comedian act. Schuyler said she did not enjoy the space shuttle (some kind of human juggling) but she did enjoy the fire juggling. (She assured me they were being "safe" with the fire = ) Mack and I got to spend some special one on one time which she always enjoys.

Last night was a frustrating night. There were 2 tired girls and you could tell by their behavior. As soon as we got home, we went outside and I let the kids frolic. Then it was time for the grocery store and this is when it all went downhill. Our mission was to get fried chicken and stock up on yogurt. Sounds easy. Well, as we're heading to get the chicken, Mack picks up a peach and takes a bite. So, being a responsible person, I buy the peach and have a little discussion with her. We get the chicken and I wanted to peek at the salad bar. As I peek, 'lil Mack grabs a necterine and takes a bite. So, I buy the necterine and once again have a conversation with her. We make it to the yogurts and I let the kids pick 10 or so out as well as yogurt smoothie drinks which were on sale. I remember we need butter so I quickly grab it and we're headed to the check out when little Mack decides to sprint off. A kind grandma lady tried to step in front and stop her but it's no match for Mack. Schuyler takes off after her yelling "stop" and here I am in my preggo state going as fast as I can pushing a cart. Luckily, Mack trips and I'm able to get her. So, in the check out, I tell Schuyler she may pick out some gum as a treat for being a great helper. Well, Mack wants a piece and wants it NOW. So, she starts her "yell" cry. I'm just about ready to sign my receipt when the checker girls says "uh oh". I turn around to find Mack unwrapping some Rolloes (sp). So, now I'm stuck buying candy. And the ending goes something like this... As fast as I can walk I'm carrying a screaming child out. I can barely can get her strapped in and no amount of reasoning or common sense is working with her. I have to drive up for 3 piddly sacks. I have spent more money than intended b/c my 2 year old thinks it's freebie day at the store. Lastly, she yells the whole way home. Now, you can see why they were in bed by 7:30 and asleep by 8:00!!

As you might be able to tell, I'm going through some old pics. Here is one of the girls dying easter eggs this year. Have a good weekend everbody!! Okay - getting peeved at blogger. Can not post a pic!! This is killing my photo blog.

No comments: