Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wisdom of a Child



I had a bad day last Friday. A REALLY bad day. Mark was golfing and watching the Master golf tourney, an anual event for him and a few guy frineds. I tried talking to him over the phone but it's not the same. He gave me some good advice, "go and enjoy your girls". So that's what I did. Isn't it amazing that they can sense your emotions! AND, make you feel better. I used a very simple scenario and explained what happened to Schuyler and afterwards she said some very BIG things for an almost 4 year old. Something like "that's why we should tell people the truth and do it nicely. so feelings don't get hurt". Exactly! Sometimes we could all use the wisdom of a child! McKenzie must have known, too! Saturday morning she came up and wanted me to hold her - something she rarely does anymore. She gave me a huge hug and ran her hands along my face. She did this several times while we rocked. It's like she was cuddling me! I love my girls and am so thankful for them!

Sometimes it seems like I can't keep up! The laundry is piling up (could have something to do w/ a lot of potty accidents), taxes, planning Schuyler's b-day party, cleaning, projects, projects and more projects! The list is HUGE! I know, this too shall pass. With Easter near I can reflect on what is truly important.

Here are a few pics. One more from my cousins maternity shoot. One from a mini shoot of the girls in their hand made robes from Gma S! Hope to post more...

No comments: