Friday, August 22, 2008

because you requested....

So, I've heard from a few of you that you want more photos (and that I haven't been very good about updating). Well, ask and you shall receive.

Recent ones of the kiddos. Here is Schuyler. Our new nickname for her is "sunshine".


One of Ms. McKenzie. I think we should nickname her "fire" for obvious reasons.



Mr. Eli. Not sure about his nickname yet? See how blonde his hair is? We are talking white!



Eli's first haircut. "Hey lady, what are you doing with those scissor and my hair?"



"Oh my gosh! Something just fell from my head! I'm not sure I like this anymore!"



How cool is Schuyler in her yellow ball-cap and yellow YMCA t-shirt! Yeah, she was loving it! Here she is at first base.



I think she is thinking, "Me, me, I'm ready to play. Where should I go coach?" Makes me think of that song..."Put me in coach. I'm ready to play, today. Look at me. I can be ceterfield!"



Okay, now that we've got the good stuff done, let's go to updates. Last weekend was our last hurrah before shool started. We went to our fiend's cabin for fun at the lake and boating! The girls went fishing for the first time. Schuyler caught 2 and Mack caught 1 - both little blue gill. They were thrilled. Daddy on the other hand, sat for an hour or so with no luck = (

Monday was "safe walk to shool night" or basically open-house. So, the kids and I walked/strollered up to Sheridan. Mrs. Judd is Schuyler's teacher and she is fantastic. We got to tour the computer room, library, music room and the cafeteria.

Tuesday a.m., Mack came to the realization that it was Schuyler's last day and she was quite sad with big tears in her eyes. Poor girl. I had been so concerned about how Schuyler would do at Sheridan and how Eli would do without his oldest sis that I never considered the effect on Mack. After all, they pretty much do everything together. Schuyler was so sweet to her. She gave her hugs and told her they can spend the whole day at school together and she would make sure Mack could sit next to her at lunch. She even went and got the 2 "prettiest" barbies she could find and gave them to Mack.

Schuyler had an awesome first day of 1st grade. Her favorite part was hot lunch = ) She thought that was pretty cool. She has been very good about telling me about her day... recess, writing a poem, practicing letters, and doing math.

Eli had his first eval on Wed. It didn't go as I hoped but I had high expectations. I was hoping we would go in and they would say all his behavioral issues are b/c he is pre-verbal. We have the speech pathologist and behaviorialist/psychologist coming to our house on Monday.

Schuyler lost yet another tooth Wed night. After being in bed for half hour or so she came and found me with a tooth in her hand. Now, not only is she missing her middle two top ones, she is missing 2 bottom ones. Not the middle ones, but the ones next to them. I believe they might be incissors? Such a cute little toothless grin she has.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures of the kids. It was so good to see you the other night. Glad to hear that Schuyler's 1st day of 1st grade went so well (not that I had any doubts).
Love Ya!

Aunt E

Jill said...

Good to see you, too! I promise to email Schuyler's soccer schedule!