Friday, May 30, 2008

our neighbors are moving

My heart is heavy today. The T family officially stayed their last night in the home on Wednesday and said goodbye to it yesterday. One hour later, the new family was doing there walk through. The T family, Pam, Emma, Hunter, and Ashton will be joining their dad in San Diego tomorrow. For that, I am grateful. When you move into a house, you don't get to choose your neighbors. You choose the house and try to scope out the neighborhood but you never know exactly the whole package. Not only have our kids (who are all very close in age) become friends, but I have made a friend who I will greatly miss. I don't like goodbye's. I'm sure there will be other great neighbors in our lifetime, but the T family holds a special place in our hearts.

Unfortunately, we also have another set of neighbors moving. Lee and Jenny. I'm sure we'll still see a lot of them since their daughter and grand-daughter are moving in.

On to brighter topics. How about baby bunnies? Yes, we have baby bunnies and the kids enjoy watching them grow. We almost took them to the animal rescue shelter b/c we thought mama had abandoned them. However, she still occasionally comes around. 2 have left the burrow to explore. Unfortunately, one of them died and I returned the other one to the burrow (with gloves on of course). The kids do not realize one has passed. I don't think we're going to mention it.

Eli is continuing to climb. He is very ingenious when it comes to this. I came in one day to find him on his dresser waving a cd around in the air and McKenzie laughing at the whole scene. He had pushed a toy up to it and then pulled out one of the drawers just enough to make his own staircase!! Gray hairs will be appearing all over my head soon!

Tonight we will celebrate Schuyler's kindergarten graduation and the end of year celebration at the Montessori. It is always a fun time. We will continue to work on the fence. Yes, this previous weekend we lost the north side of our privacy fence to the wind. It was on the project list, we're just doing it a little sooner than anticipated.

Did you think I would forget a picture? Check out this sweety! She has a little spirit in her that reminds me of Mack. Who doesn't love a little girl in curly piggies!

No comments: