Sunday, January 14, 2007

Saturday, January 6th, 2007




This is a date we will forever celebrate as the birth of our son. The day before, I had a Dr. appt. He had always said when I got to a point where I was too uncomfortable, we could induce. Since baby was moving less, we did an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid. While it was on the low side, it was still within normal limits. Dr. was going to be out the following Monday and Friday. Mark and I decided to induce and the Dr. said how about tomorrow? Wow! We scheduled induction for Saturday at 7:30. I felt very uneasy about this decision. Was I being selfish b/c I was uncomfortable? Was he ready for birth?


The short version of birth goes as follows. They broke my water at 8:00 a.m. I had no contractions for the next 2 hours. At 10:15 they started pitocin and I really didn't feel like I was making a lot of progress. At 12:45 I asked for the epidural and shortly after she checked me and found I was 8 - 9 cm! The Dr. was called. However, my epidural was only taking on the one side. There wasn't enough time to redo the epidural and I was slightly nervous but assured by everyone in the room I would be fine, even the anesthesiologist. He assured me the yoga would help = ) Dr. made some adjustments to the epidural and just as my OB arrived I was fine! Elijah James Riese was born at 1:44 pm weighing 8 lbs 1 oz and was 21 1/4 in long. What a healthy baby boy. We have all been adjusting but are doing well. Here are just a few pics.


2 comments:

TheTeenager said...

Aww he so adorable!!! I can't wait to meet my cousin! I am glad everyone is doing well and I hope to see everyone soon!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little man! What a wonderful addition to your gorgeous family! AND you look great..already doing pics.. your amazing. Sorry I haven't gotten to you sooner, they forgot to tell me! :) Glad things went well and you are adjusting. Watch out for the peeing arch... :) Enjoy that little baby, he's beautiful!