Wednesday, December 13, 2006

More blogging fun...

Okay, I'm having some more fun this week. A little Christmas Q&A for all of you...


1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Love egg nog!!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? She's a wrapper although a little behind this year = )
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights on the tree, white lights on the house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No mistletoe in the Riese household. Might have to consider that in the future.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Oyster stew!! Hubby may not like but I'm going to get the kiddos to like it = ) It's tradition for us Schlattmann's.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: So many. Always on the ride home from Gma and Gpa Beran's, on xmas eve night, Dad would point to the sky and say "look, I think that was Santa's sleigh". Brian and I were such suckers and would stare out the window.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember exactly how I found out or when, but I'm sure it had to do with how snoopy I was.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yep, it's tradition.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I would describe our tree as "eclectic" with our various oranaments and kid made ornaments. This year the kids thought it needed a string of Garland but no more. So this "string" is at the bottom and I've noticed it periodically moves. Hmm...who could be the culprit?
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? How about like it?
12. Can you ice skate? Yes. Although it's been a while and in my current state of being 8 1/2 pregnant I'm not going to attempt it.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember lots of favorite gifts. That must mean I either have lots of favorites or don't have a favorite?
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family. I have to be surrounded by my family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My parents would always make these pretzel cookies. Oh how I miss those. Must get the recipe and find out the real name.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? All of them. Including my favorite, the oyster stew!
17. What tops your tree? Nothing. Our poor tree is too tall it already hits the ceiling.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I love giving, especially those surprise gifts that you know their gonna love. I'd be lying if I didn't admit I like receiving, again, gotta love those surprise gifts.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night.
20. Candy canes: Love the traditional candy cane. Not much of a fan of all the new "fruity" flavors.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? All of them, "A Christmas Story," Charlie Brown Christmast Rudolph and can't forget How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
22. What do you leave for Santa? Glass of milk and cookies.


Have you been naughty or nice???

Aghhhh. Blogger is being bad again and won't let me post a pic. Until next time...

No comments: