Friday, March 12, 2010

pretending it's spring...

Spring is teasing us. It visits for a few days and has now retreated back into hiding. It would REALLY be nice to see the sun. I mean, c'mon, a little vitamin D does the body good. None the less, this weekend, we are heading up to Omaha with some friends and their kiddos and we're going to pretend it's spring at Coco Keys indoor water park.

Wednesday was skate night for Schuyler's elementary school. So, we left the boys at home and us girls went and picked up one of Schuyler's friends and headed for a little skating fun. Can I say it's been a LONG time since I've been on a pair of rollerskates! I was a little rusty at first but it came back pretty quickly. Schuyler, who is wondrous on her rollerblades, brought her friend who had never skated before. This was Mack's 2nd time so needless to say, I had my hands full with the 2 girls. Mack found one of her Montessori buds so that made her day. Schuyler's friend, Miss B, took quite a few falls and had a few tears but kept getting back up. It was a fun time.

Last night we had a naked sous chef in the house. Mack and Eli were helping me peel carrots to make pineapple carrot cake. Can you guess which one was stark naked peeling the carrot at the garbage can? I'm pretty sure that would be a health hazard anywhere else.

Here's our brief glimpse when Spring was here...



Notice anything? That glow would actually be the sun.


1 comment:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Roller skating sounds so FUN!! I haven't done that in years! Hope the weather starts to warm up for you :)