Wednesday, August 26, 2009

9 years and counting

Today Mark and I celebrate 9 years of marriage. Really? Where has the time gone? I remember sleeping in my parents basement, my bro on one couch and myself on the other. I remember the butterflies in my stomach, the weakness in my knees, and the anticipation. I remember concentrating on Mark's face during the ceremony. We have been blessed in these 9 years but as all couples we have faced some trials and tribulations along the way, each making our relationship stronger. I love how our personalities compliment each other bringing about a balance. He is the one to always voice his opinion regardless of circumstance but yet always tactful. I often hold back, afraid to hurt feelings or not wanting to be the voice of opposition. The times when my emotions want to make decisions he gently steps in with the voice of reason. I hope for many more years to come.

As for recent happenings... Schuyler had her first soccer game, which they won. She played half the time on the field and the other half as goal, where she played outstanding. In her words, "Nobody will score", and nobody did. Mack is counting the days until her first game. She will be the one with pink shorts, pink socks, and probably some cute ribbon in her hair.

We finally went to the Farmer's Market in the Haymarket this weekend. We always pick up some goodies, kettle corn, sweet corn, a couple packages of bratwurst, and cheese. I LOVE the cheese we got. It's a buffalo wing cheese and very tasty!!

A few pics for fun!




2 comments:

Antonia said...

Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe it's been nine years. I remember when you and Mark first started dating :) CONGRATS!! Miss you!

Eileen said...

Happy Anniversary! I share Toni's sentiment that it has been 9 years already! Time goes so fast. I wish you many more!