Tuesday, July 15, 2008

adjusting

Wow. It's been a long while since I posted!

Well, we had a good 4th of July. We went to a friend's cabin on the lake and enjoyed a day of swimming, boating, and tubing. All of the kids experienced their first boat ride and Schuyler even tried tubing! It has been so long since I have been tubing or boating. It brought back memories from when my uncle Ron would take us to the lake skiing. I remember skiing and tubing with my cousin. They would take us around the lake and try to get us to bite the dust - we were a little older at that point.

Eli started the Montessori the following Monday - the 7th. It has been a BIG adjustment for him = ( The drop-off the first few days were filled with a lot of tears. Then, with the suggestion of my husband, we tried something different. Instead of having the girls go straight into their room and Eli go into his, the girls (mainly Schuyler) have been holding his hand and walking him into his room. Things have got better and yesterday, there were no tears at all. As we guessed, his hardest time is when he can't see his sister's. When they are around, or when he is outside, things are fine.

On top of this, we were trying to adjust him to the toddler bed. He has good nights and bad nights. Sometimes, he wakes up with terrible night terrors where he is crying uncontrollably and will throw himself on the floor or bang his head against something. Nights like these I feel like I have an infant again but I feel so bad for him b/c he can't express any feelings = ( However, last night, despite his fight to stay up, once he was asleep, he slept the whole night.

I meet with the Dr. at the end of the month to discuss his speech and a few behaviorial issues. He is due for a vacination but we will discuss the other issues and see.

Mark was in a golf tournament this weekend. I think they won the calcutta and got 3rd in regular play but don't quote me on any of this! The girls enjoyed the new American Girl movie, Kit Kittredge, with Papa. And, I enjoyed a good girls night out on Friday!! Thanks ladies for getting me out of the house!

Pictures...



No comments: