Friday, April 04, 2008

My coaching debut...

Well, I got a call from Schuyler's head soccer coach last night. He said he had some good news and some bad news. The bad news is he may not be able to make their first game on Sunday. The good news is they have me as their assistant coach. He went over the drills I should run, who to pair together and who not to pair together, and some general rules. I hope I'm up for this. At work, we call this baptism by fire. Schuyler is ultra excited!

Eli is finally startint to enjoy books. Up to this point he has showed little interest in sitting down and reading before bed time (or really, anytime). He will sit with the other 2 kids at his daycare but not too much at home. Now, he will. One of my favorite things at this age is to rock my babe in the recliner with their snack and sippee of milk and read. For Eli, at least for now, the books have to be interactive, like a touch and feel book. Although, he is starting to come around on the other books too!

Schuyler has a top tooth that is loose. It is barely loose but she is still very proud of it!

Here's a candid of Eli...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you did great at your coaching debut. You are soooooo wonderful with kids that you have nothing to worry about. Eli looks so grown up in this picture!

Hope to see you soon.

ps - I want a soccer schedule.

Aunt E