Friday, March 14, 2008

Magnolia's

Last night Mark and I had a wonderful and romantic evening out for my bday. We went to a new (or newer) restaurant in the Haymarket called Magnolia's. It came highly recommended from several people so we thought we would give it a try. All the ladies are given a fresh rose which you take to your table and then is your's to take home. (We went for a drink afterwards and I forgot mine there = ( The whole experience was great. The atmosphere is very nice - romantic like and the service was excellent. The menu has a nice selection of items although the steak is very pricey - 36$ for prime rib. We did NOT get this! But, I believe it's top quality Black Angus Beef. Anyhow, I chose the blackened salmon and Mark had shrimp scampi. Mine was perfectly cooked - almost melted in my mouth. Even Mark, who is NOT a seafood man, liked it. We both had the Lobster Bisque (sp) soup - again Mark stepping outside of his comfort zone. And, as a Birthday Bonus, we shared a free piece of turtle cheesecake! All in all, a delightful evening.
I would like to give some thanks to my mom and mother-in-law. Mom, thank you for the beautiful baby wrap for my newborn shoots. It worked great! I'll post pics some time. Bev, thank you for watching our kids and giving Mark and I an opportunity to get out!

As for the kids, Eli got a nasty fat lip on Wednesday. We were at the park and he wanted to go down the slide. So, I put him at the top and Schuyler and Mack were ready to catch him at the bottom. Well, that would have been great had he not decided to go down face first!! Ouch! I got blood all over my white shirt and white vest (always happens when wearing white). Not to mention we had walked to the park and I didn't have my cell. Luckily, I had a kleenex to help with the bleeding and after a little cudding, he was ready to go it again. This time, I went down with him!!

The kids have their Easter program this weekend along with and Easter egg hunt.

And, we all know I can't post with out including a picture. This is the sweet baby I photographed last weekend. He will be Eli's friend = ) Who could possibly resist that sweet little face and grin!

No comments: