Monday, September 25, 2006

Blood Tests


Have I ever mentioned that I don't like needles! Last Thursday I had several routine blood tests. One to check iron and the second to test for gestational diabetes. I failed them both = ( I was border line anemic with Mack so that doesn't really surprise me. I can handle an iron pill and taking OJ w/ my prenatal vitamin. However, there is a follow up test for the gestational diabetes that I'm not looking forward to. I will need to fast starting tonight. At 8:45 a.m. tomorrow, I go in on an empty stomach and have the first of 4 blood draws. I then drink the sugar drink and let it sit for an hour. Afterwards, I get my blood drawn every half hour for the remaining 3. My wonderful father will be there to drive and support me in the event I faint. (I often get light headed with this type of thing). Keep your fingers cross that I pass!!

The weekend was good. The girls and I went shopping with my mom. I got Schuyler some jeans and baby boy got a little outfit. Grandma got the girls matching yellow shirts, which they had to wear on Sunday, and Mack some "feetsie" pajamas, which she wore Saturday night. All 4 1/2 of us enjoyed the air show on Sunday. I should also mention I have now taught both girls to "squat and pee". I'm not proud of this but the grand finale was about to begin and we were parked on the side of the rode with a ditch. They're bound to learn someday so it might as well be from their mom = )

No comments: